Age increase

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Re: Age increase

Postby WOLFRACING » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:38 pm

L5 RACING wrote:Me personality hope they do not raise the age because how many 6-10 year old want to run a older kid. You'll never win a race. It's bad enough to have the younger kids at least try and get past first round. So we waste all our money to let our younger kids to race to contribute to the older kids winning the races. How many young kid ages 6-10 become track champions. Let me make something clear. I'm talking a track championship that has more that 10-15 kids in a bracket race.

This is a good point. Even if the speed groups are separated, you will have jr high kids potentially racing high school graduates. You do sometimes run into that even now. I just don't think it makes sense. If you have just older kids racing each other, their won't be enough cars to make it interesting. So why bother?

The only reasons people have trouble getting their cars sold are because of the age or condition of the equipment, or because they think that a 4 year old car is worth 80% or more of what they have into it. The prices of used cars in a lot of cases simply do not make sense. We recently ordered a new car because of the crazy used car prices. You price a car right, and it sells. Expect to lose some money with race cars. And move on.
WOLFRACING

Postby masracing » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:29 pm

L5 RACING wrote:Me personality hope they do not raise the age because how many 6-10 year old want to run a older kid. You'll never win a race. It's bad enough to have the younger kids at least try and get past first round. So we waste all our money to let our younger kids to race to contribute to the older kids winning the races. How many young kid ages 6-10 become track champions. Let me make something clear. I'm talking a track championship that has more that 10-15 kids in a bracket race.

This is not always true. The family I helped this past year races at a track that only has 1 class. There are only around 13 cars in the points so they do not run age groups. At 10 years old he finished second in the points went to 4 finals and won 2 races. I think he only went out first round twice all year. This was being one of the youngest in the class. He missed first place by 1 round to a very talented 16 year old. While there was some luck invovled (There always is in racing) I think it proves that it can be done. He did experience the frustrations you speak of during his 8 and 9 year old years of barely getting passed first round. I believe a large part of this came from the coaching, encouragement and support he got from the older more experienced kids in the class. Even when they beat him they always built him up and encouraged him. They were the role models that made him better. One of the things I love about this sport. I have learned myself that its also a humbling sport. Who knows what next year will bring but there is never such thing as a race you will "never" win.

That said I do agree that age groups are more fair and the better way to go when there are enough cars to support it.
masracing

Postby Speedracer_323X » Thu Apr 05, 2018 2:42 pm

JR. DRAGSTER RULES AND REGULATIONS, CLASS DESIGNATIONS,
MASTER (Added MASTER after ADVANCED) (Page 30) (3/20/2018)

MASTER: Ages 18 and higher; dial-in restricted to 7.90 seconds or slower based
on either an e.t. dial-your-own or heads-up basis; breakout rules apply. In
qualified events, no competitor can qualify quicker than 7.900. See also Breakout
Rules in Race Procedures.

Any competitor running quicker than 7.50 e.t. in the eighth-mile or 4.10 e.t.
in 330 feet or faster than 85.00 mph at any time during eliminations will be
disqualified from the event.

Any competitor running quicker than 7.50 e.t. in the eighth-mile or 4.00 e.t. in
330 feet or faster than 89.99 mph at any time during time trials or qualifying will
be disqualified from the event and will be subject to additional disciplinary action
in the sole and absolute discretion of NHRA.
CREDENTIALS

Valid NHRA Jr. Master license required. License requires test runs and
witnesses.
04&06 National Trail Raceway Champion
04 MyChron3 winner
Perfect Run in 2002
2009 & 2015 ECF Team Champions National Trail Raceway

Junior Racing since 1993!
Speedracer_323X

Postby Destiny's Dad » Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:16 pm

So do i understand correctly that its a separate class that anybody can run in a jr.
Destiny's Dad

Postby Speedracer_323X » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:34 am

Destiny's Dad wrote:So do i understand correctly that its a separate class that anybody can run in a jr.

I guess? smiley-lol
04&06 National Trail Raceway Champion
04 MyChron3 winner
Perfect Run in 2002
2009 & 2015 ECF Team Champions National Trail Raceway

Junior Racing since 1993!
Speedracer_323X

Postby Denton » Tue Apr 10, 2018 3:30 pm

So you can race in a Jr. dragster from 6 to 60 and beyond.. I'm not sure how I feel about the new rule. I'm sure it's all about car counts and keeping people at the track. We have raced juniors since 2000. My youngest son will be graduating high school the end of May and then off to the Marines. After three boys racing Juniors we'll be done with Juniors. I guess everyone will have their reasons for running Juniors longer or better yet buy a car start racing.
Team "Bar's Leaks / Rislone Jr Drag Racing"
NHRA 2151
NHRA 2332
NHRA 2133
www.barsproducts.com
www.juniorspecialties.com
Denton

Postby TopGun » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:23 am

Where can I pre register for the inaugural 50K 18 and up Jr Shootout! smiley-lol As someone that has been out of jrs for less than 10 years, if done correctly this could be a absolute blast.
TopGun

Postby WOLFRACING » Thu Apr 12, 2018 6:31 am

TopGun wrote:Where can I pre register for the inaugural 50K 18 and up Jr Shootout! smiley-lol As someone that has been out of jrs for less than 10 years, if done correctly this could be a absolute blast.

The only challenge is that the entry is $50,100. smiley-many
WOLFRACING

Postby RLCharlie » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:12 pm

My wife is ready to give it a try. Any ideas on the license process...? The ammendment states that they will have to make test runs and witnesses. I have to assume its the same as the new driver process. Anyone else expore it yet?
Rotten Luck Racing
Adam 7.90 // 2013 10-12 Kansas State Champ // 2014 & 2016 HPT Track Champion
Simon 11.90 // 2016 7-9 Kansas State Champ // 2014 & 2016 HPT Track Champion // 2016 I-29 Track Champion
Seth 8.90
Dalton 8.90
Shelby 7.90
RLCharlie

Previous

Return to Discussion Board