I miss the old days......

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Re: I miss the old days......

Postby Pool Man » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Believe it or not it is not dead. Like Gary said it is just hard to organize. Vickie and I were actually brain storming with Randy Lynn Shipp at the track this weekend. We have some great ideas just have to make everything jell. The biggest thing is getting sponsor money. I do not think we can put this together without having the money to payout before the race is set. I do not think most folks will make it if the money is not guaranteed. We are not only trying to get former jr dragster drivers to come but also some of the former jr dragster drivers that run in the pros. For those of you that remember him we also spoke with "Cowboy", the gentleman that stood under the tower and made sure everyone had their safety equipment attached. He said he would love to come see some of the grownups that use to run jr dragsters. So, it is not dead just VERY SLOW. If any of you have ideas on sponsors, co sponsors or anyone that wants to donate to the cause please provide us with good leads. Not just a name of someone that works for someone. Help us do some ground work and have them at least interested in listening. Also in regards to venue. No one will EVER agree on where. So I have taken upon myself to select the venue myself. I know lots of folks are sentimental to Orlando or Silverdollar but just not sure they will draw from a good enough geographical area. If you think I am wrong please send me a message supporting why either of those venues should be in the mix. I am not totally closed minded about any place. Have even considered having a jr dragster race for current jr dragster drivers during the same time. Just an idea in the back of my head. I have a former jr dragster driver that now works in the NHRA office. Will be talking with him soon about this. Please keep in mind that I am only one person and work between 12-16 hours a day. So things may not happen quickly.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby poissant » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:00 am

12-16 hours a day I thought you were retired...,,,maybe I ought to keep me day job for a while longer. Besides all of the sponsor stuff, I think venue would be one of the tuffest calls. Keep at it Ron,... I have a sponsor thought.....with your whole poolman story maybe contact "Window World" the window replacement company..... wouldn't hurt :)
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby Pool Man » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:30 am

Yea Gary keep your day job. You will not make it as a comedian. smiley-lol
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Previous

Return to Discussion Board