Another ECF in the books

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Another ECF in the books

Postby Ten5TireDad » Sun Jul 22, 2018 2:52 pm

I have to say that the entire Bristol crew, and Division 2 officials did an amazing job the last week. With all of the rain and delays, they managed to get everything dried, and back to excellent condition for everyone time and again. The track condition was amazing no matter what was thrown at it, and as always safety is a concern, and they saw to it that was never compromised. There was minimal off track incidents that happened as well. Don't know the condition off the snake bite victim, but I wish her well in her recovery. I know the girl that fell off of the golf cart was still there for the remainder of the week, and other than some bruising, and cuts she appears to be doing well, I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong?

I have to say that some of what I saw really has me scratching my head about people. yes, there was the usual comrodarie, generosity, and helpfulness that we've come to expect within the junior community, but that's expected the rest wasn't. Walking into the bathroom or showers was disturbing at times. The nasty, filthy washcloths and dirty underwear laying in the shower stalls, or on the floor is incredibly nasty. The bathroom was something you would expect at a concert with tens of thousands of drunken fools. Unflushed toilets, toilet seats that were dripping, toilet paper all over the floor, faucets left running. Really? This is how you treat the host track that welcomes you and your family year after year? There are too many tracks closing and turning away people, and I'm sure incidents like this help the decision of what events they choose to host at future times? What ever happened to respecting where you are and not destroying it?

Thursday nights gathering under the tent was a good time for the kids and parents attending. Homer gave away plenty of shirts, banners, and other stuff. At the end there was a big stack of Summit Racing log books, and stacks of stickers. I watched as kids respectfully took 1 of the log books, and it looked like 2 of each sticker sheet leaving enough for everyone else. Then I witnessed a younger girl take maybe 6-8 log books, and an unopened stack of stickers. Really? That's what your parents are teaching you? Steal the stack before it can get opened and others can get one? I've never locked my trailer, or shut the doors when we go to make a pass, but if I had this girl or her family parked next to me you can bet that I would.

It was a fun, hot, humid, and wet week with plenty of cars, friends, and fun for the kids. I'm not going to let the negative parts of it effect our decision to return again, but some of it will help determine what precautions and things I do while there. Congratulations to all of the winners. It was a great week and hopefully people will change certain things and make it even better for the next time around.
Ten5TireDad

Re: Another ECF in the books

Postby Alc8179 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:35 am

I second all of the positive remarks, the Bristol and NHRA crews did an awesome job and made the ultimate correct decision in completing the ECF's on Friday and not taking any chances on Saturday.

As with a crowd this big there are always a few knuckleheads that will make bad choices. To add to the list of things you already said, Team Huntsville had two cars tampered with on Friday before 1st round, bead locks loosened and throttle cables disconnected. These are things that were easily fixed but there was a lot of unrest from the drivers and parents about what else could have been done that they didn't know about. Both cars were able to make 1st round with no issues.
Alc8179

Postby Ten5TireDad » Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:21 pm

How would someone be able to loosen the ring, or disconnect a cable without being seen? Where is this said to have happened?

I forgot to add something to my original post. There was one person who was running their car during both the pre race prayer/message and part of the National Anthem. You would think they would notice no one moving, and nothing going on to catch on, and show the others some courtesy? One of the AIM tech/repair guys sat playing on his phone during the entire message, and most of the National Anthem until someone made gestures for him to stand. I don't believe that's a very good way to represent the company you work for, but that's my opinion.
Ten5TireDad

Postby jrdragstermom » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:12 pm

I haven't been by this site in a while. I see nothing has changed. Same people posting negative stuff. What a drag. 1500+ children in one place, there may be a toilet not flushed and a forgotten or dropped wash cloth. This site is dying a slow death due to these types of postings.
jrdragstermom

Postby Ten5TireDad » Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:39 am

Truthful is more like it. If you don't like it, then change what the problem is. I'm not shy, I have never not said what's on my mind, or how I felt here, or in person. I call it as I see it, and I gave my opinion about what I witnessed. Simple manners, pride, self respect, and respect for your surroundings is all it takes, but I guess that's something that's frowned upon? How would you feel if you had a visitor and they did that in your house?
I've been to plenty of divisional races for both jr's and big cars and have never witnessed what the last week was. If it was just a simple discarded towel, or not flushed toilet that's one thing, but when it's a daily basis, and you're left with only a few "clean areas" then it's a problem.
Ten5TireDad

Postby jrdragstermom » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:27 am

And that's a double negative.......
jrdragstermom

Postby poissant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:58 am

Guys how were the car counts this year? Sounds like a good event even with the the adjustments made.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby poissant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:59 am

Guys how were the car counts this year? Sounds like a good event even with the the adjustments made.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby Alc8179 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:31 am

Ten5TireDad wrote:How would someone be able to loosen the ring, or disconnect a cable without being seen? Where is this said to have happened?

I forgot to add something to my original post. There was one person who was running their car during both the pre race prayer/message and part of the National Anthem. You would think they would notice no one moving, and nothing going on to catch on, and show the others some courtesy? One of the AIM tech/repair guys sat playing on his phone during the entire message, and most of the National Anthem until someone made gestures for him to stand. I don't believe that's a very good way to represent the company you work for, but that's my opinion.

It wasn't "said" to have happened, it actually happened. I know both families personally, both in the 16-17 age group, while they were in the stands cheering for their younger team mates during first round is when it happened, they were parked in the pits around row 7.
Alc8179

Postby Alc8179 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:32 am

poissant wrote:Guys how were the car counts this year? Sounds like a good event even with the the adjustments made.

Not sure on the numbers, but it took 5.5 hours to get every car down the track, which is longer than I remember from previous years.
Alc8179

Postby poissant » Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:36 am

Alc8179 wrote:
poissant wrote:Guys how were the car counts this year? Sounds like a good event even with the the adjustments made.

Not sure on the numbers, but it took 5.5 hours to get every car down the track, which is longer than I remember from previous years.

Good thanks, just goes to show you that a good track putting on a good program for the kids will draw the cars. .
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby L5 RACING » Fri Jul 27, 2018 8:44 pm

I was mostly confused about Nhra saying that no kids under 16 was able to operate anything with a motor on it. But I seen millions of younger kids riding around on those electric bikes. I had to deal with my kids wanting one. I had to remind them we have gas ones at home that I should have brought. But I guess since they let the company sell them electric bikes it was Ok.
Let's go fast and be safe at it. Thanks to Ken Dabney, TintMaster, Mike George, Wayne Thornton and Thornton Motorsports for all there help guiding me into this new sport.
L5 RACING

Return to Discussion Board