Been a few days.

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Been a few days.

Postby chili man » Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:32 pm

Last 7 months have been a blur with my sons cancer fight.Cant believe Ive raised such a strong kid.Hes actually malignant cancer free but has two large masses that are inoperable.One around his Aorta and one in his Duodenum area.Thats tthe one that is causing discomfort.Hes on a "Compassionate Care(whatever that means)." drug to control its growth.After losing over 100 pounds hes put 18 pounds back on.His drive and determination has been unreal.His situation is very rare.Went to Indianapolis to get a Consult and basically said from an Oncology standpoint theres nothing that can be done.Going to Stanford University to get a consult from a surgical standpoint the first week of Sept.They pioneered a surgery that he may be a candidate for.We cant say enough for the support we have recieved from our racing friends whether they go in a straight line or in circles,car shows,cruises etc.We talked alot on our drive to Indy and back."Dad,Ive had 28 years.Some parents have kids who have birth defects at birth,cancer etc and never see their first B-day or even Kindergarten".One month ago we had our monthly blood work,checkup along with a Psych Dr.Psych DR asked him how he was doing.He said "Fine,Its that old fart that drove me here you need to worry about".LOL. I always told him tomorrow is not guaranteed.,Guessing he did listen.
chili man

Re: Been a few days.

Postby Charlie K » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:25 am

Prayers for your family , It must be so difficult .
Charlie K

Postby poissant » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:33 pm

Don, you Shelby,Jean have been and will continue to be in our prayers. Keep on keeping on my friend.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby WILD BILL » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:04 pm

Sure sounds like a fighter. Tell him to keep it up,

Even though it doesn't sound like he's out of the woods just yet at least he's winning the fight.
WILD RACING

Taylor 00 Bos #3411 "WILD THING" Retired
Kaitlin 10 Half Scale #3251 "WILD CHILD" 2012 SMP Novice Champion
WILD BILL

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:56 pm

Sounds like he is keeping a positive out look Don, Prayers sent,again.
A misplaced parrothead who spent all his money on Drag Racing ,rum, and good cigars......
The rest I just wasted.
1967 Firebird ram air 400, 4 speed. A 42000 mile survivor.
Mark

Postby WOLFRACING » Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:19 am

These are the situations that humble me when I think I am going through difficulties. Now these are real challenges. Prayers for your son and your family...and you.
WOLFRACING

Return to Discussion Board