New to jr dragster racing

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

New to jr dragster racing

Postby stevereynolds84 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:10 pm

Just purchased our first jr dragster and have identified the engine as a jr racecar raptor engine and from pictures I’ve been looking at, a Monaco chasssis. The guy I bought it from didn’t know anything g about it. Does anyone have any info on Monaco chassis? I’ve searched the internet but have found nothing. Also, what electronics would you recommend for beginners? Do I need a data logger or would a tiny tach work? Any other advise for beginners would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
stevereynolds84

Re: New to jr dragster racing

Postby WILD BILL » Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:03 pm

Welcome to the POOL smiley-wave

It's mt humble opinion that a data recorder is one of the best investments you can make. Not only can it tell you things about the cars performance that your driver can not, It can mean the difference in weather or not another Jr parent can offer any advise on a run or issue you could face. I recommend the Mychron 4 660 hands down.

If you haven't seen my videos they could shed some light on some questions for you as well as give you an idea on what the 4 669 is capable of.....

viewtopic.php?f=24&t=20944

Besides that, ask us anything regardless of how trivial you think it may be.

Sorry, never heard of your chassis make though.
WILD RACING

Taylor 00 Bos #3411 "WILD THING" Retired
Kaitlin 10 Half Scale #3251 "WILD CHILD" 2012 SMP Novice Champion
WILD BILL

Re: New to jr dragster racing

Postby Mark » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:17 pm

Welcome to the sport. Monaco was a good chrome molly chassis in it's day,safe and reliable. Might need to have some upgrades as far as required bars that need added,if they were not done in the past. We had one back in 2000,they are no longer in business.
A misplaced parrothead who spent all his money on Drag Racing ,rum, and good cigars......
The rest I just wasted.
1967 Firebird ram air 400, 4 speed. A 42000 mile survivor.
Mark

Return to Discussion Board