Anyone slowed down Car with rons flying toilets?

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Anyone slowed down Car with rons flying toilets?

Postby Tylersdad86 » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:29 am

My oldest wants to move up and I think we have a trade lined up for a full size dragster turn key. The motor is a 477 with twin Ron's flying toilets and the car runs 5.03-5.06 usually. I would like to try and slow the car down for the first few passes with Tyler in it so that he can get use to a full size dragster. So has anyone had any experience with slowing one down on toilets? I thought about setting the throttle linkage to only open about halfway for the first few passes but have never worked with toilets before so not sure if I can even do that.
Tylersdad86

Re: Anyone slowed down Car with rons flying toilets?

Postby Pool Man » Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:33 am

That is the approach I would take also. You can slow it down a bit by adjusting the timing as well. You are not going to find much with the timing however.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Re: Anyone slowed down Car with rons flying toilets?

Postby Tylersdad86 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:39 am

thanks Ron, I just want him to make a few passes in it hopefully before the season ends, but I want it to run in the 5.70-80 range until he is used to it a little before letting it fly! he wants to run some 5.70 heads up races next year, but I really don't want his first passes in the car to be coming off the stop, just want it slow all the way down track for a few passes :).
Tylersdad86

Return to Discussion Board