New stuff

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

New stuff

Postby mossman » Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:20 am

What new stuff are you debuting for this season? We have a new motor going in after blowing up two of them last year. Other than that, new side windows for the old girl.

Good luck and be safe!
mossman

Re: New stuff

Postby Pool Man » Tue Mar 13, 2018 9:59 am

Only thing we may do is add a couple stages of nitros so we can get a little farther into Top Dragster. I do not think our 7.1? will make it. Thinking real hard about a pro charger engine.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby mossman » Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:52 pm

They've done a lot with those procharger systems. If I didn't care about consistency, a turbo would be fun.
mossman

Postby Pool Man » Sun Mar 18, 2018 9:09 am

It still would be fun to run one however.
Pool Man

Postby poissant » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:54 pm

Well we started with nothing really new this year, but last weekend we blew the Tranny, so I guess we will be getting something new....or at least rebuilt.... :)
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby Pool Man » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:41 pm

Do you know what went on the transmission Gary? We have ours gone through every year or every couple of years if we do not do a ton of racing. Input shafts really take a beating.
Pool Man

Postby poissant » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:50 am

Pool Man wrote:Do you know what went on the transmission Gary? We have ours gone through every year or every couple of years if we do not do a ton of racing. Input shafts really take a beating.

Not really sure Ron, after the burnout Jonathan had a little problem getting it into reverse. Then it would not creep into the beam without giving it a little pedal. At the hit 60 ft was normal then before the 330 it just squatted and seemed to lose power to the rear end. it idled back to the pits and then he had a hard time getting the car out of gear. When he killed it he was able to shift it to park and goes in neutral fine. After sitting in the pit for a little while drowning our sorrows we started it up and it would not do anything when putting it in gear. Gotta make some time to pull it and have it looked at.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby Tylersdad86 » Wed Mar 21, 2018 8:23 am

Tyler has moved into a big car for this season. It's a 99 model hardtail and we are working now to get it changed over to a 521 BBF. Hoping to get it together and running in the next few weeks and get him out to the track. We are going to try our hand at some 5.70 heads up racing this year on the stop.
Tylersdad86

Postby s10randy » Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:43 am

Well I don't have it , but the deal is pending to trade my Horton hardtail dragster for a 87 Oldsmobile Firenza roller for roller. I had justed installed my new motor (new to me) Reher & Morrison 412cu" small block into the dragster now i have to pull it back out to install into the Firenza. Also justed installed a Star Vacuum Pump set-up on that R&M motor and will be adding a O2 sensor to the car.
s10randy

Postby Pool Man » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:10 am

Coulda broke the tabs off the pump. Still will probably rebuild the entire trans.
Pool Man

Postby s10randy » Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:50 pm

Well I have the door car home now. Wasn't with out cost, on my trip down to Georgia . In southwest Virginia on I-85 passing a tractor trailer truck the wind of the front of it pushed the trailer . Setting me into swaying and into the guardrail on the driver side. Damaging both the truck and trailer and flattening all four tires on the driver side. I'm thankful that i hit the guardrail because it could have been a lot more serious damages and injuries. (I wasn't hurt) Some new tires and front end alignment and back on the road again. smiley-angel
s10randy

Postby Pool Man » Thu Apr 05, 2018 8:47 am

That had to have been a scary ride for sure. Good thing the guard rail was there to stop you.
Pool Man

Postby s10randy » Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:58 am

1987 Oldsmobile Firenza. Was built as a Pro Stock car and ran in Puerto Rico. Not 100% on builder maybe a Don Ness chassis. It still has the clutch pedal in it from when it had a 5 speed Lenco transmission. It has a NHRA chassis certification punched January, 2018 , 6.0 @2800#. I'm not sure if that is new or justed expire. All CM tube chassis, fiberglass front clip, hood, doors, trunk and rear bumper. I would post a picture, but I'm can not do it . To many steps in posting pictures I'm not cumputer savvy to do that. I can text a picture or two if you like to see it,just PM with information. Go fast and stay straight, and be safe.
s10randy

Postby poissant » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:49 pm

Pool Man wrote:Coulda broke the tabs off the pump. Still will probably rebuild the entire trans.

Heard back from my Trans guy, he had to race so couldn't get to it until now. :) Planetary gears broke, everything else looks pretty good. Clutch and bands have a couple of hot spots on them but nothing detrimental. But he did say we might as well change everything since it's apart, which I agreed. Waiting on parts list now.
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby mossman » Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:39 pm

poissant wrote:
Pool Man wrote:Coulda broke the tabs off the pump. Still will probably rebuild the entire trans.

Heard back from my Trans guy, he had to race so couldn't get to it until now. :) Planetary gears broke, everything else looks pretty good. Clutch and bands have a couple of hot spots on them but nothing detrimental. But he did say we might as well change everything since it's apart, which I agreed. Waiting on parts list now.

Ouch! At least you were able to figure out what went wrong. Hope he can turn it around quick for you.
mossman

Return to Discussion Board