Wish us luck

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Wish us luck

Postby Tylersdad86 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:25 am

Well, we went out a few weeks ago to get Tyler some seat time in his first ever big car(dragster). That night went over like a fart in a elevator. My dad took the first pass since its a new car with new motor and the entire night was us as a bunch of bumbling idiots(3 passes total, Tyler making none of them). First, timing light broke on us so we weren't able to time the motor, the transbrake solenoid kept sticking so sometimes once released the car wouldn't move, and when it got to about 330 it would break up the entire time like it was running out of fuel! The entire night made me wish we were back in juniors smiley-lol

So we got a timing light in and it was sitting at about 3degrees timing, so we now have the car timed, new TB solenoid in and the tach quit working so a new tach is installed, plus we have another carb in case we need to change it over. We are going to take the car out tomorrow night and hope that Tyler can actually make some passes in it this time! Going to put it on the stop and slow the car down until he makes a few passes and get it progressively faster until he is comfortable enough with the car! Hoping sooner or later the car will run 5.0's! Seems the family we traded the juniors too are having a good time with them and doing well!
Tylersdad86

Re: Wish us luck

Postby Pool Man » Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:44 am

It sometimes can be a tough transition from jr's to a full size car. We have enjoyed ours however. You guys will get there.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby Tylersdad86 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:22 am

Pool Man wrote:It sometimes can be a tough transition from jr's to a full size car. We have enjoyed ours however. You guys will get there.

well, our luck hasnt changed, it sucked with juniors and it hasnt gotten any better with the big car LOL

Got to the track Friday, this was after we made sure everything worked in the driveway at the house and we put it up on stands and made sure it shifted at 6k on the powerglide. We got to track Friday night and it was ugly with the forecast, so we left the car in the trailer until they had everything set and started calling test n tune to the lanes. Told dad to try one more pass in it before putting Tyler into the car and it started and sounded bad, turned it off and pulled the valve covers to find a loose rocker arm and a beat up pushrod. So back in the trailer the car went without even moving an inch at the track. As they say if it wasn't for bad luck we wouldn't have any luck at all! So now back to the drawing board on what caused the rocker to come loose. About ready to sell it all and get another less expensive hobby. I Am thinking of taking up whittling smiley-lol
Tylersdad86

Postby Pool Man » Tue Jul 17, 2018 9:41 am

Whittling is to slow
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby Tylersdad86 » Tue Jul 17, 2018 11:05 am

Pool Man wrote:Whittling is to slow

whole heck of a less expensive though! I just got a second job just so that i can still pay bills and try and fix the car. We shall see now if i even have time to do it.
Tylersdad86

Return to Discussion Board