Looking to import a car

General Discussion

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, chili man

Looking to import a car

Postby nickJMA1 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 4:05 am

Hi Guys , I’m looking to import a Jr Comp car to England to compete in our Pro ET class and wondering if anyone knows of any cars that could be for sale, or wether anyone like McGee or Visions are still making cars ?

There is already a M/T and a Visions car already over here competing in pro ET , I’ve been out of juniors since 2007 and looking for a new ride while I’m running my brothers JD.
Former UK National Jr Dragster Champion - 2004+2007
drove a 2002 Half Scale Superlite TF

Owns a 2016 Half Scale Extreme - Lo206 - Polar Vortex Clutch
Driver - Luke (Little Brother)
nickJMA1

Re: Looking to import a car

Postby RickSE » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:12 pm

There have been a few for sale lately but I've lost track of which ones have actually sold. The member jtracr has had a few for sale on here but I'm not sure if he currently has any for sale. I'm planning on putting our car up for sale but haven't posted any ads yet. We have a 2011 Mike Bos chassis car that was original commissioned by Huddleston. It was originally built with snowmobile power but had a new back half build for it in Denver for Suzuki power. We bought the bare chassis & body from the owner in Denver and finished the car. We had to design, build and assemble everything and get the car running so we know it pretty well. Both my son and daughter have driven the car. It's a big chassis car, 188 inch wheel base, NHRA 7.0 cert just done in April, 2006 Hayabusa power, MTC Slider clutch, full size dragster 22 inch front tires and 26 inch rear tires. We have the car set up to run either 1/8th or 1/4 mile without any set-up changes. We shift at 9300 RPM's and the car goes to the top of 4th in the 1/8th mile and the top of 6th in the 1/4. 1/4 miles times are around 10.30-10.50 @ 128 for our daughter at 100 lbs and probably 10.50-10.70 for our son at 150 lbs, depending on altitude. Here's some of the other stuff on the car,

CO2 shifter with main and reservoir tanks
MSD SB6 engine controller
Auto or manual shift
Line lock
Manual cable downshifting
Aluminum body
Undercut transmission
Dual rear brakes
I have a set of Willwood front brakes but never finished installing them.

We have a lot of pictures of the car's construction and racing on our Facebook site here, look for the Jr Comp build folder

https://www.facebook.com/KEPRs-FireKrac ... 248037939/

We also have several videos on Vimeo here,

https://vimeo.com/user25804942

Let me know if you might have some interest, I'd be happy to talk with you more. The car is located in Flagstaff, Arizona.

As far as I know McGee is not building cars anymore. I believe Vision and Motivational Tubing will still build you a new one.
RickSE

Re: Looking to import a car

Postby jtracr » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:02 am

Heck I just bought Terry Bryant's Jr comp last night, I need another one like I need another hole in my head! But I have all 3 being used thru September, at that point I will have one or two for sale. The 2008 mcphantom will be up for sure. We have ran that one with 12 different drivers now, we have it working well.

It's only money, RIGHT!
Team "sibling Rivalry"
Samie Retired
Justin JC 7924
Stephanie Retired
NOW RACERS!
Caden 7924
Carlie 7927
Lucas oil team
jtracr

Return to Discussion Board