Animal L206 Mythbusters??

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Animal L206 Mythbusters??

Postby Kern Family Racing » Wed Oct 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Hello peeps. I had a gentleman approach me at Lucas Oil Raceway here in Indy this past weekend about the ability to run 8.50 with a 300 pound car and modified L206. He seemed very tech savvy about the engines and went into detail about how to do it, but lost me on most of the parts. He was extremely interested in the exact weight of the car and, unfortunately, I had not weighed it yet. I just weighed it this evening with 4 corner Jr. sprint scales at a friends house and the car at full race weight only weighs 235lbs and 365lbs with Jack in it. I never got a sales pitch or anything from the gentleman, but it did grab my attention. He just said all this and then went about his business. I didn't have time to chase him down because we were on our way to the lanes. Has anyone heard of this or could this be the ravings of a secret genius?
Scott and Jack
Kern Family Racing

Re: Animal L206 Mythbusters??

Postby WILD BILL » Wed Oct 11, 2017 8:22 pm

Since you're not allowed to run a modified LO 206 I don't see what the point is
WILD RACING

Taylor 00 Bos #3411 "WILD THING" Retired
Kaitlin 10 Half Scale #3251 "WILD CHILD" 2012 SMP Novice Champion
WILD BILL

Postby snd93 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:51 am

8.50 with a modified lo206 could be attainable, fairly easy. They even have billet blocks for them now and are used on outlaw karts. But like Bill said, you can't run an overhead valve engine in Jr's and the only exception being the "sealed" lo206 in the beginner classes.

snd93

Postby Kern Family Racing » Tue Oct 17, 2017 1:28 pm

I wonder why they won't allow it since they already have time restrictions for the different ages of kids? What difference would it make as long as they run their index? I'm sure there is a good reason, but not sure I get it.
Scott and Jack
Kern Family Racing

Postby Gav wellborne » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:55 pm

Over here in New Zealand we have an open engine rule... We run to index times for the A, B and C junior classes
As NZ is small,keeping the sport cost effective is difficult... Hence the open engine rule.... Nz isnt big enough to run Flatheads only... That aside i would like to know the difference between a LO206 and an Animal
Crank, rod and piston materials.... Cam specs and head specs... Can somebody help?
Last season we ran an Intek briggs.... Box stock electric start... It ran 14.0 all day every day taking my son to 3rd NZ
Im now interested in these OHV motors,so would like to know more
Thanks
Gav
Gav wellborne

Return to Tech Talk