Junior dragster book

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Junior dragster book

Postby empiresinger » Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:32 am

Back when we started out in junior dragster I was in need of a lot of information. Other than the excellent forums and videos, there wasn't a complete "beginners guide book" with all the detail in one place telling the reader what they need to buy, expect, understand and physically do to go racing. After a successful (now over due to age) career in juniors, we have compiled this book for anyone thinking of starting out. It has been written to take you from the first idea that you might want to go racing through to some help to actually win races. It details car, engine and equipment choices, rules, procedures and anything else I could think of that a "newbie" might not already know. The book is now published on Kindle so you can read on a Kindle lending library for free or buy for a small fee. The title is "Getting started in Junior Dragster racing: a beginners guide." by Richard Crichton. Hope it helps someone along the line.
empiresinger

Re: Junior dragster book

Postby poissant » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:38 pm

Richard back in 1999 or so I asked if there was such as thing as a Jr Dragster for Dummies book. I joked about it almost the whole time we Jr raced. :) Now as it is getting closer to the time for my grandkids to start up again. I will probably need a refresher course. Thanks
Gary LeBoeuf
LeBoeuf Motorsports
SC 4200,4300
poissant

Postby empiresinger » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:14 am

Hi. I hope it might help. It is written from racing in European JD, but that is run to the same (or very similar) rules as US or Australian. The cars and engines are pretty much the same, as are the kit rules and actual race rules. If you are in the US you will probably see bigger fields than we do (normally around 30 cars). I really did write it as a beginners guide, but you can see some pages on Kindle and see if it is for you. Hope you like it.
empiresinger

Postby mossman » Fri Feb 09, 2018 11:49 pm

Good stuff!

I’m with you poissant. We just put a deposit on a car for our soon to be 6 year old granddaughter. We’ve forgotten a lot in the 8 years we have been away but will have to refresh our memory. We may not end up at the track with it this year but we will take it as fast as she wants.
mossman

Postby Pool Man » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:40 am

Anything folks can get their hands on to better understand the sport is a good thing. I hope the book does well.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Postby WILD BILL » Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:25 am

mossman wrote:Good stuff!

I’m with you poissant. We just put a deposit on a car for our soon to be 6 year old granddaughter. We’ve forgotten a lot in the 8 years we have been away but will have to refresh our memory. We may not end up at the track with it this year but we will take it as fast as she wants.

I'm here for ya Chad. Let me know if you want any of the stuff you gave me back for your new program smiley-lol
WILD RACING

Taylor 00 Bos #3411 "WILD THING" Retired
Kaitlin 10 Half Scale #3251 "WILD CHILD" 2012 SMP Novice Champion
WILD BILL

Postby mossman » Sat Feb 10, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks Bill. I’ll know where to look should I need something.
mossman

Postby empiresinger » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:14 am

I have been asked for the link to the book

here it is https://www.amazon.com/Junior-Dragster- ... d+Crichton
empiresinger

Postby empiresinger » Fri Apr 06, 2018 8:40 am

New updates to this book with more troubleshooting and some more info in other sections Link to Amazon Kindle at

https://www.amazon.com/Junior-Dragster- ... uide-ebook
empiresinger

Postby empiresinger » Wed May 23, 2018 10:01 am

The book is now available as a paperback for those that do not like or own e-readers.
empiresinger

Return to Discussion Board