Mychron not recording start of run....

Questions related to Tach

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Mychron not recording start of run....

Postby RNorton » Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:26 pm

We've made about 6 runs to start the year and none have recorded the start of the run. Recording usually begins about 0.5-0.7 seconds into the run best I can figure. The jackshaft RPM graph looks clean, I did not mess with the sensor air gap over the season either. The only thing I've changed is taller gear, removed a restrictor and went to a 42 degree helix on the driven clutch. Its kind of annoying and I am not even sure what to try to be honest.

Our last run:

Can post a picture if needed but not much to see except the lack of first half second or so. We are launching pretty soft at relatively high RPM (4500) so I am not sure if it is missing a "launch" signal or what. My only thought on that is a soft launch for an 8.90 car is still a pretty darn hard launch for a 11.90 car which I've seen picked up perfectly.

Thoughts?
RNorton

Re: Mychron not recording start of run....

Postby WILD BILL » Mon Apr 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Did you input the gear change into the Mychron?

Also, you could try changing to the extended recording time.

One last question, are you inputting the time slip data into the computer?

If you answerd yes to both my questions, do you think you could export the runs and e mail them to me?
WILD RACING

Taylor 00 Bos #3411 "WILD THING" Retired
Kaitlin 99 Bos #3251 "WILD CHILD" 2012 SMP Novice Champion
WILD BILL

Re: Mychron not recording start of run....

Postby RNorton » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:23 am

I've been told by several people (including yourself) that changing to extended will likely solve my problem. The gear change was logged into the Mychron and ET data being entered into the QMAn software. We should get another shot at it this weekend after changing the recording time. If that fails I will take you up on your offer, thanks Bill.

We hit 80 MPH in 8.90 trim so it was almost worth the aggravation of not having good data.

smiley-lol
RNorton

Return to Tach Teck Talk