11.90 Raptor jetting on sleeved 33mm?

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

11.90 Raptor jetting on sleeved 33mm?

Postby Kern Family Racing » Thu May 10, 2018 8:28 am

I am curious to see what others are running as far as jetting for those that have a sleeved 33mm. Right now we just changed to a billet head and the temps are higher than with the stock head. I also question the accuracy of the Mychron 3 and the infrared scanner says it is about 35 degrees cooler. I digress. Finish line temps are areound 430 degrees and 6200 rpm trap rpm. The car is leaving at the 280-290 degree range and is does not miss or pop down the track. The motor has an old Dyno 108 cam so it is not screaming down the track by any means. My concern is that with the new head, that I may be starving it. My sleeved 33mm is set at 205 main, 65 pilot, plug on pilot air bleed, and 0.5 on main. Does that sound like an ok setup or should I try and push a little more fuel?
Scott and Jack
Kern Family Racing

Re: 11.90 Raptor jetting on sleeved 33mm?

Postby rolltidechris » Thu May 10, 2018 1:55 pm

Per Huddleston...this is the setup you should start with on a sleeved 33....see below

Pilot- .055
Pilot Air- .8
Main - 195
Main Air- .7
rolltidechris

Re: 11.90 Raptor jetting on sleeved 33mm?

Postby Kern Family Racing » Thu May 17, 2018 9:43 am

Just as an FYI. Removing the sleeve made no difference at all on the engine. Jetting stayed the same and the plug looks good with the overall result that the car reacts the same. I am assuming that volumetric efficiency is at work here. The engine will not take any more air than it needs unless it is forced into the cylinder. I will say that our consistency improved a little bit taking it out, but that may just be coincidence.
Scott and Jack
Kern Family Racing

Return to Tech Talk