caring dieing

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

caring dieing

Postby bluecars » Sun May 13, 2018 10:41 pm

Ok so we have a 3 1/2 Rhino issue is, back in March at a race in Darlington on the top end i heard something sound like my grandson whoop the gas 1 time but he denied it ok we lost either either way. The next race we at Rockingham he make a single time run car does it again so i know now he did'nt lie to me lol so i check some things seems to be a bad fuel pump it gets a new one now we go into 1st rd we make the rd yeah whooping for sure now. So then we go into 2nd rd well it comes back this time shuts off going through the traps i'm looking trying to start it no fire coil has broke in half put a new coil on then the motor really acts crazy. Ok so i pull motor send to Craws along with Carb Mr Fred puts a a new flywheel on as well as a new Coil sets timing on motor & rebuilds Carb so i've put it all back together we go to Darlington Friday nite again it acts like grandson whoops the gas he says nope so i'm looking again for a problem now i have took all wires loose to make a pass nothing there to kill motor but the emergency kill on top end again it does it so we in the pits pulling my hair out i pull bowl off looking so here we go the air bleed is .8 pilot is 57 main at 106 no problem with heat at the hit 160-170 but it dies on top end i'm playing with it on the stands fire it up hit the throttle good on the hit but goes flat before it goes wide open am i to rich on the main how much can i drop the main before i hurt anything or am i going the wrong way i,m lost any input will be helpful smiley-help smiley-help
bluecars

Re: caring dieing

Postby RickSE » Mon May 14, 2018 11:26 am

Do you know what your max or top end EGT is? We use this to evaluate our main jet and try to target just under 1200 degrees, 1180 usually. I assume you've changed the spark plug at some point during all of this testing. Sounds like you're close on the jetting. We usually run a 61-63 pilot with a 1.0-1.3 air bleed. Depending on the track elevation we're running a 100-108 main jet with 2500-3500 corrected altitude.
RickSE

Postby sprintb2 » Mon May 14, 2018 1:03 pm

What carb, 33 or 42? Is the .8 the main air bleed?
sprintb2

Postby bluecars » Mon May 14, 2018 9:22 pm

Sorry but for some reason our tach has lost the data so i do'nt have any info as for as what size carb it's a 42 mikuni just rebuilt. I have been on the phone with Mr Fred today and got home and have looked at some things he wanted me to & tryed a couple things he wanted me to but no good i put another carb on also same thing motor want turn over 7000 with either carb so it's off & ready to go to Mr Fred believe it's enternal but i really thank yall for getting back to me
bluecars

Return to Tech Talk