McGee Engine Questions

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

McGee Engine Questions

Postby Kern Family Racing » Thu Jun 14, 2018 9:51 pm

My son just bought a new (to us) dragster that needs some work. I am not familiar with McGee engines and just curious as to what I may be in for. It is a 2.75” bore and 3” stroke that I assume should run 8.90 with a light package? Anything I should be aware of with these engines or what max rpm is with this engine. Also, I am curious if I can use a Raptor intake for this? It has a 33mm carb that points straight at the tire because the intake is for a 30 degree incline and the engine sits at 15 degrees. I am having trouble finding the right angle intake. On a side note, I hate the fact that my kid outgrew the car we just completed last year, but at least we have a new adventure ahead of us. Plus the old car we built will be great for a new family for a long time.
Scott and Jack
Kern Family Racing

Re: McGee Engine Questions

Postby Pool Man » Fri Jun 15, 2018 10:05 pm

Seems to me McGee heads were a different bolt pattern than most. He also at times used a different lifter set best I can remember. Nothing wrong with it just different. He built good stuff just a pita to deal with towards the end.
I deserve respect for the things that i DO NOT do.
Pool Man

Return to Tech Talk