True Start???

General Discussion about a little of everything

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

Peoples opinion on the true start for Jr events???

I prefer the old system, First red out.
17%
I Like true start system, the worse red is out.
67%
No opinion either way.
17%

Total votes : 6

True Start???

Postby jtracr » Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:39 pm

Just curious how people feel about the true start system. For those that don't know, true start will make the worse red out, NOT always the first red. EX: 11.90 dial left lane 8.90 dial right lane. Left lane goes -.008 rt BUT the red bulb will NOT illuminate until the second car leaves. If right lane is -.009 BOTH red lights come on and the left lane wins.

We ran a race in Tucson AZ that they ran true start. The groups were 6-12 yo then 13 and up. Having 2 8.90 cars this was an interesting format. Most of our races we split into 4 groups with probably 75% of the field able to run the number. But I am just wondering what everybody's opinion on this is? Do you feel we might see it more and more as time goes by? Is it a more fair way to race?
Team "sibling Rivalry"
Samie Retired
Justin JC 7924
Stephanie Retired
NOW RACERS!
Caden 7924
Carlie 7927
Lucas oil team
jtracr

Re: True Start???

Postby Ten5TireDad » Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:12 pm

They've been using it for 2 years at the divisional races, and we run it at our home track. Makes for a heartbreak at times watching the car leave with the green on, and then seeing it turn red.
Neither driver seems to mind either way, they're still doing their normal routine. It did take some getting used to in the beginning as a spectator watching the cars before us run. I don't think it's going to go away, so we should all get used to it, and make sure the driver knows where they're at on the tree.
Ten5TireDad

Return to Discussion Board