What do you make of this graph

General Technical Assistance

Moderators: WILD BILL, livewire, 2kidsracin, Pool Man, chili man

What do you make of this graph

Postby masracing » Mon Apr 15, 2019 8:08 pm

https://s1174.photobucket.com/user/masr ... g.jpg.html

We were testing yesterday and on the last run it sounded from the starting line like he lifted early then got back on the throttle. He insists that he did not and that the car was on a normal run then just fell on its face and came back without him moving the pedal. He lost about 2mph and .10 on this run. This is what the graph looked like. There is a little drop right before it happened. I did notice a couple other graphs from the day having that same little drop in them but it was only this one time that it was this noticeable. My first thought is to think maybe a kill switch issue that caused the ignition to cut out. My question regarding that would be if the ignition did cut out would the Michron have stopped recording? The fact that it continued to record with my full size car experience is making me lean towards a fuel delivery issue.

I am open to suggestions but my first thought though on fuel delivery is to change the fuel filter and rebuild the pump. I am also aware that the CHT is way to low at launch. I We are going to go down on the pilot jet to get it to build a little more heat. I don't really think that is the cause here though since the issue is so far down track.

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions.
masracing

Return to Tech Talk